iklan

Low Carb Baked Bagels

Looking to chop carbs with out giving up your beloved bagels? These home made low carb baked bagels could be your new greatest friend.



Ingredients

  • 2 cups almond flour
  • 4 tsp baking powder
  • 1 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 cups plain Greek Yogurt
  • 1 egg
  • Topping ideas: Everything bagel topping, dried onions, poppyseeds, sesame seed, salt, etc.!

Instructions

  • 1.In a big bowl, whisk collectively flour, baking soda and salt.
  • 2.Add Greek yogurt and mix till lump dough forms.
  • 3.Divide dough into 8 equal parts.
  • 4.Grab the primary chunk of dough and roll it round utilizing your hands, urgent it collectively to compact it. Then poke a gap within the heart and gently squeeze the dough all of the manner round to enlarge the circle. The gap within the heart ought to be about 2" wide.
  • 5.Place the bagel-shaped dough onto a lined flippantly floured baking pan. Repeat till all bagels are shaped and positioned onto the baking sheet, leaving area among every one so they have room to expand. I put 4 bagels on every one baking sheet.
  • 6.In a small bowl or cup, beat the egg then brush it onto every one bagel. Add your toppings.
  • 7.Bake at the higher rack at 400˚ for 20-22 minutes or till flippantly golden brown. Remove from oven and funky for about 5 minutes earlier than cutting. 

Homemade bagels, really? That’s possible?
Yep. Never in my life could I even have idea I’d discover myself making my very own bagels. I don’t recognise why the idea fairly by way of means of no means crossed my mind. Homemade bread? Sure. But bagels? That’s a entire diversified degree I idea was out of my reach. The boiling I suppose is what scared me. It sounded complex and I like issues which are easy.

These bagels are baked, no boiling required.
Come to discover out you don’t have to boil bagels. You can be taught further about why the professionals boil bagels, but basically it creates a thicker further chewy crust. And to be honest, I all of the time toast my bagels besides to eliminate the chewy crust. So my lazy mind says, why boil them then?

You don’t need to. In actuality you’ll get a lighter, lots less dense bagel for the ones who don’t boil them and I in truth wish that as well. Dense bread makes me fairly sense like I’m all of a sudden gaining 5lbs with every one chew so the lighter, the higher in my opinion.

No lye required.
The moment area about home made bagel-making that was a bit bit scary was the lye. It’s so risky you would like gloves and goggles to make use of it! That sounds type of fun in truth but no longer fairly one thing I desire to get into if I’m making bagels at the reg. So I did a bit bit study to discover out for the ones who have to make use of lye whilst making bagels.

Here’s what I realized out: Lye is what offers the bagel its brown shade and distinctive flavor. Hmmm… sounds type of important. But as I be taught further I realized you possibly can acquire these qualities in diversified ways. Baking soda, in fact, is meant to have a in truth comparable taste as lye as soon as baked.

“Great,” I thought! You’re going to need that to get the bagels to rise anyway. Two birds with one stone. I like it. And for the brown color. If shade is fairly that major to you, then you definitely possibly can get that with an egg wash. The egg wash also serves to assist your toppings stick so again, NULL birds with one stone. See, lazy cooking is all about efficiencies and making legit excuses for leaving out further steps and ingredients. So, yes, you possibly could make delicious bagels with out lye and it’ll be simply fine.

No yeast required.
Finally, I idea there was yeast involved. And a few bagel recipes do name for yeast. Me no likey yeast though. The actuality that yeast is a dwelling factor and that it could possibly or could possibly no longer turn on is a threat I’m no longer very prepared to take. It doesn’t jive with my lazy methods of discovering issues within the cupboard about to expire and utilizing them anyway.

Guess what though? Things rise with out yeast. You simply have to rent the magical powers of baking powder yet again. Magical yet humble. It simply sits there, patiently, at the appropriate shelf of the cabinet, no longer taking up a lot room then involves rescue whilst you would like taste and air bubbles. Love it.

Easy to make at the primary try.
So. How did I quit up entering all this bagel-making research? Well, I stumbled upon a recipe posted by way of means of Skinny Taste for 5-ingredient bagels. No yeast. No boiling. No lye. I appreciated the sound of that. I be taught her tips, (You can be taught them too here) and was capable to make delicious home made bagels at the primary try! So, I’m certain you possibly can too.

My meals are the identical as her recipe but technique relatively diversified (lazier). There’s in truth merely five meals (plus toppings) and also you possibly can also scale back the meals down to TWO for the ones who use self-rising flour. But that requires you to in truth have self-rising flour and I usually merely have normal flour. So, five it is.

These bagels are gluten free
When you use almond flour, these bagels are gluten-free flour!

Make it an Everything Bagel!
You can discover Trader Joe’s Everything however the Bagel topping on Amazon or obviously, at Trader Joe’s if you’re fortunate sufficient to reside near one.

Great for anybody watching to chop down on carbs with out giving up bagels
These bagels will no longer be a tremendous low carb meals however, they do have far fewer carbs than a standard bagel. These bagels have approximate 15 grams of carbs in contrast to a standard bagel with about 29 grams of carbs. (without toppings)

Can you use normal flour?
Yes, you fully can however, you possibly can also just upload a extraordinary quantity of carbs.

Helpful instruments for making these bagels
You fairly don’t need one thing particular to make these diversified than a bit bit blond trust and trust. It does assist for the ones who have silicon baking sheets or parchment paper though.

Other breakfast ideas
Are you a breakfast person? Browse all my breakfast recipes

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel

Read More About This Recipe Click Here