iklan

GLUTEN FREE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE BARS

Perfect for bake sales, after faculty treats, and potlucks, those gluten-free chocolate chip cookie bars might be successful with all of the chocolate lovers! They’re simpler and faster to make than cookies.



INGREDIENTS

  • 2 1/4 cups (~282 grams) nice all-purpose gluten-free flour blend
  • 1/2 tsp. xanthan gum*
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 2 ounces cream cheese, room temp
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 2 egg yolks (room temp)
  • 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
  • 1/4 cup extra semi-sweet chocolate chips for topping if desired

INSTRUCTIONS

  • In a medium bowl, whisk collectively gluten-free flour, xanthan gum (unless flour mix already has xanthan or guar gum), baking soda and salt. Set aside.
  • In the bowl of your stand mixer, vicinity the cream cheese, then pour melted butter over it. Add brown sugar and sugar and mix on medium velocity for 2 minutes. (I use the paddle attachment on my mixer.)
  • Add vanilla extract and egg yolks (one at a time) blending on low-medium velocity till effectively mixed.
  • Add the flour combination which you just set apart earlier, beating on low till simply combined.
  • Add equally sizes of chocolate chips and mix on low or through hand, simply till combined thoroughly.
  • Spread into frivolously greased 9x13 steel pan. Bake in preheated 350˚ oven for 25 minutes. Remove from oven, sprinkle with extra 1/4 cup of chocolate chips and return to oven for 2-3 extra minutes.
  • Remove from oven and vicinity pan on cooling rack. Let cool earlier than cutting. (Note, to shop your pan from getting scratched up, I desire to make use of a plastic knife to chop the bars.)
  • You can cut those no matter measurement you'd like of course, anyplace from 12 enormous bars to 24 smaller ones. Enjoy!

NOTES

  • *omit xanthan gum if gluten-free flour mix has xanthan or guar gum already 

So a lot of you've tried and love my gluten-free chewy chocolate chip cookie recipe, that I idea I’d put up a couple of adaptations of it this year. First up – gluten-free chocolate chip cookie bars!

It’s February and I’m doing Chocolate Month right the following at the blog! All the relaxation of the recipes that I’ll be posting this month have chocolate in them. Why? Really, why not? I am a self-proclaimed chocoholic and have sooooo many chocolate recipes to share with you, so I’m tremendous excited about this month! As my schedule allows, I’ll be posting as usually as I can to deliver them to you! I actually have five recipes already built and photographs taken alongside with 3 extra that I’m operating on, so which you just may simply get lots of recipes this month!

Okay, again to those yummy gluten-free chocolate chip cookie bars. In making those bars rather of cookies, I made a couple of changes. I don’t recognize about you, but I’ve had some disappointingly dry cookie bars before. I didn’t desire that to occur here, so I higher the butter so that those bars wouldn’t be dry at all. It was a nice decision!

Secondly, I used NULL other sizes of chocolate chips. I needed to make certain there was a little bit of chocolate in each single bite! I used equally standard semi-sweet morsels and mini semi-sweet morsels. You may also mix it up through utilizing some milk chocolate and a few darkish chocolate. But absolutely believe adding some mini ones for sure. They assist make certain which you just don’t get a single little chunk that isn’t chocolatey!

NOTES ON INGREDIENTS FOR THESE GLUTEN-FREE CHOCOLATE CHIP BARS:
Flour: examined successfully with Gluten Free Mama’s Almond Blend and Cup4Cup. Other sorts of flour that aren't merely rice founded mostly ought to work okay in these. With the NULL I recommended, there isn’t any grittiness. I can’t ensure that along with your favourite blend, but do really sense unfastened to attempt it!
The cream cheese is a key component here. Don’t skip it!
So is the butter. Mmm, butter.
Chocolate chips: for nice chocolate chips which might be simple to discover at most grocery stores, I love Guittard semi-sweet chocolate baking chips. They are made in a gluten-free, and peanut-free facility. If you’d like chocolate chips which might be certified gluten-free as effectively as ideal 8 free, I love and suggest Enjoy Life semi-sweet chocolates accessible as mini chips or mega chunks.
I like sprinkling a couple of extra chips on them for the final couple minutes of baking for that shiny, quite melted seem such as you notice within the shots above. If you’d like that too, simply reserve a few of the chocolate chips referred to as for within the recipe. However, if you’re in need of to pack those as lots as mail to someone, I’d skip the chocolate chips on ideal so they aren’t so messy. Here’s what they seem like with out the chocolate chips introduced to the top:

These can be a fun deal with to deliver to share at a potluck or to mail to a beloved one. Let me recognize within the event you make them and what flour you used!

Oh, and within the event you desire to make some fun Valentine’s treats, make certain you examine out those Valentine’s gluten-free chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwiches!

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel

Read More About This Recipe Click Here