iklan

Garides Tourkolimano Greek Shrimp

Last week I had the probability to attend the Wines from Greece seminar and wine tasting event. I realized rather an awful lot about Greek wines and I got to attempt a few truly smart ones.



ingredients

  • 1 tablespoon oil
  • 1 pound shrimp (peeled and deveined)
  • 4 cloves of garlic (chopped)
  • 1 enormous tomato (diced)
  • 4 inexperienced onions (sliced)
  • 1/2 cup dry white wine
  • 1 teaspoon oregano
  • 1/4 cup chopped recent mint
  • 1/4 cup chopped recent basil
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 cup feta (coarsely crumbled)
  • 2 tablespoons parsley (chopped)

directions

  • Heat the oil in a pan.
  • Add the shrimp and saute them for a minute on every facet and set aside.
  • Add the garlic and saute till fragrant, about 1 minute.
  • Add the tomato and inexperienced onion and saute till the tomato begins to ruin down, about 3-5 minutes.
  • Add the shrimp, wine, herbs and season with salt and pepper and simmer for 2 minutes.
  • Remove from warmth and gently blend within the feta.
  • Cover and permit to relaxation for three minutes.
  • Garnish with parsley and serve with crusty bread. 

Of course the wine tasting merely rainy my urge for food and I needed to head out to discover a few of the wines that I had simply sampled. Unfortunately the lcbo didn't have any of my favourite wines from the tasting occasion but I was assured that they can be getting them in. I did discover a few Greek wines but I am genuinely watching ahead to the higher range of Greek wines coming to the lcbo.

I had the correct recipe in thoughts for having fun with with a few Greek wine. A whereas ago I got here throughout this recipe for garides tourkolimano or Greek shrimp on Kalofagas and I simply knew that I would ought to attempt it. Garides tourkolimano are prawns cooked in a tomato, garlic, herb and wine sauce that's completed off with feta cheese.

I had lately made and truly loved shrimp saganaki which may be very identical dish but it's baked. This dish truly reminds me of 1 in every of the causes why I like Greek delicacies so rather an awful lot and that's due to the use of so many recent herbs.

The garides tourkolimano have been truly quickly and simple to make they usually grew to become out great! The shrimp have been wonderful and the sauce was truly tasty! I took the probability to head down to Greek metropolis to select up a few smart imported Greek sheeps milk feta and it was properly value the trip.

I truly preferred that method that the feta was simply beginning to soften into the sauce. I might now not let any of that sauce move to waste so I served the garides tourkolimano with a few crusty bread to take up all the extra. Of course, I loved the garides tourkolimano with a tumbler of the Greek white wine that I used within the sauce.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel

Read More About This Recipe Click Here